Thursday, January 29, 2009

Proof that katie (motherbumper) is kickin' ass and takin' numbers

So, you know I'm an actor, but did you know I'm in a play next month?

Well, now you do. No excuses.

It's been a long time since I've done show. A long time. I'm not sure I even remember how to act. (Sidenote: Ha! I couldn't even spell act! I kept typing "ackt".) It's good timing actually. Now that I'm home with the kids all day, I need an excuse to get out and have some "me" time. I often go to rehearsal with graham cracker sludge sticking to my clothes somewhere but - hey - still ME time. Just a dirtier version of me. And not in a good way.

Anyways, if you're in the Toronto area, would you like to come out and see it? I hope it's going to be good. If not, there's a bar up the hill and you can leave at intermission and go get hammered. That's where I usually spend intermission anyways. (Don't tell the stage manager.)

Moving on.

The super-fantabulous and always-busy-but-still-has-time-to-help-a-friend-out katie (motherbumper) has created this awesome button to help promote the show. I love the company I'm working with, but it's run by volunteers who don't always have the time to publicize the show as much as I would like. If you're coming to see the show, or even if you're not, and even if you don't live anywhere near Toronto, you can help us promote the bejeezers out of the show by posting the button on your sidebar. Word of mouth can do wonders. Support the arts! (Or hey, just read my post railing about arts cuts over at Playdate. It's fun.)

Who knows? Maybe there'll be so much press about the show that I will become rich and famous, and I can stop indulging my growing need for very cheap and very ugly purses that can pass as diaper bags. Please! Mr Earth will thank you! He hates carrying around the "rocker bags". Just ask him.


10 comments:

Her Bad Mother said...

I am so excited - Katie and I are already sorting out a date to come see you!

SO COOL.

MARY G said...

Will do my best to post the button correctly. I wish I didn't live so far from TO.

Woman in a Window said...

Obviously I had missed something! All caught up and now I can comfortably say, Congratulations! And good-luck! And shoot, wish I could see.

painted maypole said...

I wish i COULD see. when will you write more about rehearsals and what it's like to be back on the stage, etc etc etc?

(and yes, because you asked... my production is a professional one)

Beck said...

I will TOTALLY email my TOronto friends and tell them to go!

motherbumper said...

*blushing* I will do anything to make you rich and famous - just don't forget about the little people when it happens!

bren j. said...

I've never wished to lived Toronto - EVER, but just this once it would be really fun to visit. :)

Jaina said...

I'd totally come if I lived closer. I know you're going to rock the show.

kittenpie said...

Ooh, I saw the button on Playdate! Will post soon with it, too, now that I can hijack it for my own post.

And what's a rocker bag? Last time, I went through a few diffewrent diaper bags, but this time, I went straight back to the old SkipHop messenger one, my favourite, that I got for $15 after using some points at my toystore! Yay! Love it.

Anonymous said...

gay personals state college pa [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]dating abbrevations[/url] india free dating http://loveepicentre.com/ free personals for civil servants