Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hallowe'en Triptych

Pre-trick-or-treating. Little G's shirt is wet because he threw a fit when I tried to put a costume on him. Once he got used to the idea, though, he really got into the spirit of things. He actually went to more houses than Big C.

The Pumpkin. Big C asked me to make a "vampire pumpkin" to match his costume. There was a second pumpkin - a scary ghostie - but the candle broke in the high winds and it almost caught on fire.

Post-trick-or-treating. The boys decided it was much more fun to give out candy than to go get it. (Huh??? Not my children, obviously.) They sat on the porch for more than 45 minutes giving out candy. Big C complimented children on their costumes and Little G tried to give them only candy that he had eaten first.
Good times.


7 comments:

painted maypole said...

you are one talented pumpkin carvers. ours are always crude faces (and my husband's always a very simple vampire). kids... ADORABLE!

Mouse said...

Scooter told us yesterday that he was going to trick-or-treat at 4 houses. He went to 4 and called it a night. Of course, we only had two come to our house, so he still has plenty to eat!

Jess said...

Oh how sweet!

MARY G said...

Amazing pumkin! Wow.
Your little guys look so happy.

Mimi said...

Adorable! (And Munchkin loves to hand out candy more than go out and get it. She's all like, yeah, let the excitement come to ME while I sit in peace and eat candy ...)

Great pumpkin, as always!

karengreeners said...

Hilarious! Glad they had a good time. I had Dove all ready for her first trick or treat, and she HATED it. I mean H.A.T.E.D. My intention was only to take her to our good neighbours' places, but she freaked when our next door neighbour tried to put candy IN her bag (what?). So she stayed home to give out treats with Chris, while Bee and I went out. Good times!

Kyla said...

Awesome pumpkin! My kids loved handing out candy this year.