Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Open House

As Beck is my inspiration for all things Christmas-y, I thought it would be nice to share a little bit of Christmas at Casa Earth. Please remember that, as I "ain't no mother earth", I also "ain't no photographer". So, if these pictures seem blurry and out of focus, don't reach for the specs. It's not you, it's me. (Ahh, if I only had a dollar for every time I heard that one...)



Ye old Christmas tree. This photo does not do it justice. It looks very purty all lit up. Sadly, the lights are on in this picture, you just can't see them because I suck.

Again with the photo suckage. I decided that I wanted to make The Boy's stocking, but as I decided this just a couple of days ago, I could pretty much guarantee that I wouldn't get it done on time, even if I could get the pattern. So, we're stuck with the Shopper's Drug Mart special until I can get my act together. You can see the pattern of the "stocking that will be" here. The Snowman (or "po-man", as the Boy says) stocking hanger was the result of a two year search for a hanger that wasn't a ginormous Christmas scene. I just want to hang a stocking, not create an interactive Christmas display. Yeesh!

Ahh, the infamous Christmas balls. Again, a Shoppers special that I bought to use on our Christmas card shoot. The Boy loved them so much that I hung them up in the window. Every day, he makes some sort of reference to "my balls". Good times.

So wrong, but sooo right. I love my Buddha, and I didn't want him to feel left out. (DISCLAIMER: I mean no offence to any Buddhists that may be reading my blog. I have every respect for your faith, as I do for all religions.)


**And, in answer to Beck's request that I post the five Christmas songs that I hate the most, I am coming up blank. I can only think of one song that should be obliterated from this planet. I hate, loathe, despise and abominate it. The Christmas Shoes. This. Must. Go.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love your decorations -- your tree is very pretty (looks kind of like mine, especially the garland). And Buddha seems quite festive now. I just did a similar post and prefaced it the same way with regard to photography ability!

Mad said...

Festive. Decidedly festive.

We have a spoinging Buddha dashboard ornament that my daughter calls "the Baby". I've taken to calling him "Baby Buddha" with no offence intended to either Buddhists or Raffi.

Kyla said...

My FIL came home VERY excited about a song that he had just heard on the radio a couple months ago. He even bought it on iTunes to share it with the family. He hit play, and it was The Christmas Shoes. After the first couple bars, there was much GROANING and mock-gagging. How he has ESCAPED hearing that song for two whole Christmas seasons, we may never know. He was so sad that not only did everyone already know his new fantastic song, but they were also deathly tired of it. It was VERY entertaining, perhaps the most entertaining purpose the song has ever served. *lol*

Sandra said...

Oh so pretty! I am loving the stocking!!! Merry Christmas to you!

kittenpie said...

I like!

You know what was really wrong? I saw at Winners the other day a gorgeous rusty red laquered buddha head, tight little curls, lots of detail... and on closer inspection, a wick sticking out the top! So wrong! So wrong!

Beck said...

Okay, you have stopped showing up in my bloglines and I entirely missed this post! I just about fell out of my chair to be named anyone's Christmas inspiration! How flattering.
Your Christmas decorations look BEAUTIFUL. My kids' stockings, by the way, came from Home Hardware.