Thursday, December 14, 2006

Snowman Art

Hello! And welcome to my new blog - Beta style! Frankly, I don't notice a difference, so I hope I didn't mess things up. I'm such a luddite...

I was getting ready for work this morning, and having the most uncharitable thoughts. Honestly, sometimes I think that if there were people who could read my thoughts like on Heroes, I wouldn't have very many friends. Anyways, I digress... I was musing about all the Christmas specials on TV, and how they have always been a part of my Christmas "traditions". Personally, I don't know anyone who doesn't like the classic 1966 cartoon How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and the claymation Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I was also thinking that I would have to seriously re-consider a friendship with someone who hates these shows. It's alright if they're not your FAVOURITE SHOWS EVER, but can you really hate the Grinch and Rudolph ("I'm cude! I'm CUDE!")?? Ok, maybe I'm the only shallow person out there who puts that much value on a silly TV show.
Then it occurred to me - I don't like Frosty the Snowman! What if people judge me the same way I'm judging them?? Yikes. So, in the interest of bygones and to celebrate the festive season with joy instead of judgement, I would like to share with you some snowman humour that is right up my alley...Enjoy!

3 comments:

ewe are here said...

Oh how I miss Calvin & Hobbes! I even bought my husband a C&H book (second hand) for Christams this year - it will actually be from our toddler to daddy. ;-)

Frosty always made me a tad uncomfortable as well. Love the Grinch, though, and his little dog. And A Charlie Brown Christmas.

ewe are here said...

P.S. Almost forgot... the Christmas special I found funniest? A Bloom County Christmas. (Based on Berke Breathed's book, A Wish For Wings That Work.) Wonder if I can get that on DVD?

Kyla said...

Calvin and Hobbes, classic!

My favorite Christmas special was the California Raisins Christmas...they don't play it anymore, sadly.