Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend Pictorial

As I type this, the air outside is redolent with the smell of sulphur from the fireworks. All night long - for the past three nights, actually - we've gone to bed with the intermittent popping noises of Victoria Day celebrations. The weekend was not all I hoped it would be. Mr Earth was in rehearsal two out of the three days - his show opens this week. Poor service at our anniversary dinner on Friday, coupled with a touch of food poisoning, cast a pall on the holiday. Between the tired and the sick, I am left with few words. We did have a few good moments though:


We played in the park.


We stopped and smelled the flowers.

We checked out the fountain.

We learned to catch a frisbee. (Ok, not really, but we did throw it around a bit.)

Back to my crackers and gingerale. Goodnight.

15 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh so sorry you are sick. No fun.

But the photos ... couldn't be cuter.

Get well soon!

cinnamon gurl said...

Ugh! We're sick too, although not with food poisoning, which sucks worse than anything I can think of.

The fireworks... they really annoyed me. I'm such a killjoy. But when Swee'pea finally settled, a firework would pop (some even sounded like gunshots or bombs - not that I know what bombs sound like, but...) and I'd immediately tense, worried he'd wake up and scream again... ah well. we survived.

metro mama said...

Great pics. Love the long weekends.

Christine said...

Sorry about the food poisoning. That is a downer to say the least. Get well soon, and love the cutes pictures.

kgirl said...

They look like they were very good moments, indeed. Feel better.

Mad Hatter said...

Oh to be sick the week before a show goes up. I know exactly what you are going through.

NotSoSage said...

Oh, no, really?

I was getting a little tired of the fireworks by night 3, too...I can't figure out why the night they go to 2 am is the night we all have to go back to work.

Beck said...

That's awful! Poor you guys.
My next door neighbours are HORRIBLE and they light off fireworks EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. I sleep through them now, but I still have a mean hope that someday they're accidentally immolated.

Beck said...

That's awful! Poor you guys.
My next door neighbours are HORRIBLE and they light off fireworks EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. I sleep through them now, but I still have a mean hope that someday they're accidentally immolated.

kittenpie said...

Oh dear! I hope you are coming around again and will be back in fine form soon.

We had people, too, who just couldn't keep the fireworks til Sunday, but let them off in intermittent bursts all weekend.

Kyla said...

He's so cute!

I'm so sorry you are ill! Food poisoning is not a good anniversary gift!

Mimi said...

CUTE!

Maybe Miss Baby ate at the same restaurant as you: she was burftastic all Sunday night.

But now it's summer, right? That's something.

MotherBumper said...

Food poisoning sucks, sorry you had to endure that over the weekend. I hope you feel better fast.

Photos are super cute.

petite gourmand said...

argh, food poisoning is the worst.
I hope you are back to normal soon.

funny, when Lulu asked what the loud noises were, and we told her fire"crackers", she asked if she could eat them.

mcewen said...

I was busy with the carpet cleaner too - lets hope it's not a virus [on the blogosphere!]
Cheers