Sunday, July 05, 2009

Family STAY-cation '09

I. Am. Exhausted.

I need a vacation.

Oh, wait. I just had one.

Mr Earth took some time off from work coinciding with Canada Day, so that we could do things as a family. We didn't have the money or the energy to go somewhere exotic and new, so we decided to check out all that the Big Smoke has to offer. Well, not all. Not half, really. But a couple of things.

Big C was so excited to take Mr Earth to the Science Centre. The boys and I have been there a couple of times, but never with Daddy so it was very! exciting!. Big C took him around in a mad panic trying to show him everything there was to see. Little G and I hung out. It was overwhelming for him and he was racing around screaming at everything, but he really, really liked the ball drop area. They had a lizard and snake exhibition. I saw the biggest snake I ever want to see when I'm only separated by a thin layer of glass. Shudder. I personally will not go back to the Science Centre until school is back in session. It was a madhouse. Mad. House.

You gotta love a boy with balls.

Next we went to the Big Zoo. We brought the stroller, but Little G walked almost the entire 3 hours. He was falling-down tired by the end. I'm not sure what he made of the live! animals! He looked bemused half the time. We checked out the Kids Zoo area for the first time, and it was pretty neat, actually. Big C was disappointed that there were no animals he could pet.

Now doesn't the sight of brothers holding hands just warm the heart?

This photo is for Kgirl. It's the closest we get to matching outfits here at Casa Earth.


Big C and the baby Alpaca. I just love this picture.

Finally, after much deliberation, we decided on the CN Tower for our last excursion. Did I mention that Mr Earth is deathly afraid of heights? Fun times. Little G and I loved the aerial views. Big C was a little more hesitant. (Mr Earth would say SMART.) I'm impressed that Mr Earth and Big C did make a special trip to see the glass floor (from a distance), and even go outside.


Little G and I danced on the glass floor. (See my toes? I really was there! Even if I'm not in any photos.)



What a view.


A great time was had by all. And now I am so tired, I can't speak. I wish Mr Earth could stay home every day. But then we really would have NO MONEY. I like money. So off to work he goes. We will miss him during the day, though.

9 comments:

Jess said...

Love the handsome guy and the scowling alpaca.

Those are two seriously cute guys you have there!

Tania said...

Nice pedi!

(I could tell you how cute your boys are too but you already know they're cute)

metro mama said...

Great pics! I love the one with the alpaca too.

Can you believe Jane doesn't like the science centre? Can't say I'm upset by that...

Naomi (Urban Mummy) said...

We love the science centre too.

We went to the CN tower for mother's day. My younger boy walked to the middle of the glass floor, and then lay down to look. I was impressed, as I had trouble just walking on it!!

karengreeners said...

Yes, LOVE the outfits! Glad you guys had fun, and no wonder you're exhausted! It is nice to have everybody home for a while though, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

That picture with the alpaca is precious.

And I was planning on taking a trip to the CN Tower, and you've made me braver about it. So thank you!

petite gourmand said...

great photos.

still haven't been to the CN tower with Lulu yet.
but it's on the list.

kittenpie said...

Wow, you people are ambitious! I'm hoping for maybe a trip to Centre isl. this summer. And such cute pics - I love your litte G
's smile.

bren j. said...

I keep reading about staycations, but I think you have to live in a bigger spot with more to do. On the other hand, we'd probably finally (!) catch up on yard work if we took a staycation.

I'm afraid of heights too so I'm glad you took pictures - now I'll never have to go up there! And it doesn't even look too smoggy!