Friday, January 12, 2007

It's S'Wonderful!



So...the word on the street is that it's International Delurking Week. I don't know how I missed the memo. Somebody should really fire my secretary. It was probably mentioned when I fell asleep in the meeting last week. Damn. I should have guessed that something was up when everyone else was laughing and patting themselves on the back. (I assumed that they were laughing at the drool running down my chin. Seriously, they don't make coffee strong enough to keep up a mother who has only had four hours sleep thanks to a Baby-Who-Shall-Remain-Nameless.)

So, c'mon! What's up with the lurking, people? Why not just leave a comment to let a girl know that you stopped by? Don't you know that I'm up to all hours of the night making sure my posts are perfect? (Disclaimer: "Perfect" is used in a relative way here. My posts are as perfect as a vapid-brained, non-writer can make them.) Mr Earth would attest to the hours I spend blogging. He ain't gettin' enough, and he ain't happy about it...

So, if you're feeling kinda neighbourly, please say "Howdy". My vanity would love you for it...

8 comments:

Kyla said...

Howdy. I'm not a lurker, but I still wanted to say howdy. :)

Beck said...

I often answer the phone with a cheerful "howdy." I'm cool like that.

Suzanne said...

Not a lurker, but hi there! I remember the early days of motherhood and trying desperately not to fall asleep at work. Meetings were deadly.

Bea said...

Wouldn't it be great, though, if there were a weekly meeting for blogging? We could all get Starbucks and then review the roster of upcoming events ("So, people, don't forget that it's almost ROFL time again. And if you haven't posted this month about social justice, you'd better start thinking about it - only two weeks to go until the end of the month!") And then we could gossip at the water cooler about all our fellow bloggers... (Can you tell that I've never actually worked in the corporate world?)

Kyla said...

Wow...B&P just described my ideal work environment. *lol*

ms blue said...

Wait B&P got it just right! I'd like to call an emergency meeting to discuss colour schemes. I'll bring some scones and lattes.

ewe are here said...

Not a lurker, but 'HI' !! :-)

cinnamon gurl said...

Howdy.

Swee'pea woke up like every hour last night. It's been weeks of this, but last night was bad... my sympathies...