Thursday, April 23, 2009

I almost had an affair today...

...with the delivery man who came to my house at lunch.

I'd just gotten back from the Early Years Centre. Big C dragged his feet and whined the entire way home. I was holding on to a full bladder (for god knows how long) and desperately trying to make grilled cheese sandwiches for children who were acting like they hadn't been fed for days. There was screaming. There was leg-clinging. There was a knock at the door. My first reaction was:

"Who the hell is that?" (Dignity. Always dignity.)

A smiling man said: "No Mother Earth?"

"Yes...?" I replied warily.

"I have a delivery for you."

And he brought me this:


And this:

And this:


Teased? Titillated?? I've yet to get it up, so you'll have to wait if you want to see pictures of the full spread. But once it's up, it's going to be up till the weather gets cold again. And it is going to give me so much pleasure. I may just find that much-sought-after relaxation that has been eluding me lately.

I could have kissed that delivery man. He made my day. More to come later...

xoxo Nomo

7 comments:

Mad said...

Ooooo. I wonder what it is...

BTW, I was definitely writing the role of Jillian Jiggs with you in mind. Seriously. It was the only casting decision I had made in advance.

metro mama said...

What the heck is it?

painted maypole said...

oh, i thought this was all about the bubble wrap. that could entertain 2 restless natives for a while!

Mimi said...

BUT WHAT IS IT!!!!!????? I must know. You're killing me here!

mamatulip said...

WHAT IS IT?!?!

Beck said...

Hmm, whaat isss it?
A friend of mine is ALWAYS getting hit on by delivery men. ALWAYS! And I have never, ever been. I am beginning to doubt my allure.

bren j. said...

Oh that is just CRUEL! The screaming and leg-clinging...

Oh, AND NOT TELLING US WHAT IT IS. :/