Thursday, April 30, 2009

I need some support hos

No, that's not a typo. I was trying to be all hip-like, and just ended up sounding like I can't pass a grade school spelling test (or grammar test, for that matter). Further proof that ageing caucasian females should perhaps not attempt street lingo. But after Randy Jackson stole the word "dude" from the caucasion population, I felt the need to get some of my own back.

Anyhow.

In a fit of fancy, I signed up for a 10K race this Sunday. I KNOW. Crazy, right? I don't think I've run a race since before Big C was born. Please send me some good vibes this Sunday at 8am (if you're awake). I will need all the support I can. And since the boys are all coming to cheer me on, I have to finish the race somehow. Run, Phatgirl, Run.

In other news, I am considering a new business venture over at Playdate. If you have young children, and are a fan of a good storytime, please pop over and give me your feedback, will you?

Yo.

11 comments:

Kyla said...

That's awesome! You can do it!

Sandra said...

Was wondering if you were still thinking about it - it's a great idea.

And the playdate was fun too. Your boys are soooo sweet and fun!

bren j. said...

TEN KILOMETERS!?
ACK! I'm impressed. I bet I could probably do a 1/2 K right now....

Have fun!

kate said...

You go, girl! Will definitely be sending you stamina vibes on Sunday morning. You have my eternal admiration.

Mimi said...

The pun! I will send you some good vibes simply because of the pun. Okay, and also because I like you. But mostly because of the pun.

painted maypole said...

that's awesome! um... but i don't think "break a leg" is appropriate here. how about .... "kick @ss!!!!!"

Mad said...

I will do my part by eating pasta in your honour on Saturday night. Carbo loading; that's when I am at my supportive best.

Have fun with it.

sandra said...

Lucky thing being a support ho is kinda my thing.

Sending alllll my good vibes for a great run.

Yay you!!!

Woman in a Window said...

What the hell? Ah, I mean, ya, go girl, good for you and what the hell? Did you say 10k? Holy. Ya. Tomorrow. Wow. Good on you and good luck. You are so much braver than I.

kittenpie said...

Randy Jackson stole "dude." OMG you're killing me here. I'm so glad there are other people who love a good pun. I'm alone at home on that one.

kittenpie said...

And just left the longest comment in the world on that post... yoiks.