Monday, January 28, 2008

For Matilda Rose [MBT]

It is only fitting that this week's Musical Monday be a tribute to the sudden death of actor Heath Ledger. To tell the truth, I didn't believe the Husband when he told me the news. He's too young, I thought, you must mean someone else! And then, of course, my mind strayed to the inescapable conclusion that he was just another young star who fell by the wayside, into the path of drugs and destruction.

Admittedly, he's not an actor who fell under my radar. I had a mini-crush on him in the 2001 movie, A Knight's Tale, but I just thought he was an especially pretty young actor, not necessarily Someone of Particular Talent. The Husband and I both couldn't understand why his fans were touting him as the 'finest young actor of his generation'. We have yet to see Brokeback Mountain, though, so maybe we have missed out. It's on my must-see list, but the Husband has no interest, so it keeps getting pushed back.

Read more at MommyBlogsToronto.

1 comment:

kittenpie said...

To be honest, I'm not especially enamoured or not with Heath Ledger, I don't know that I could make a comparison about who was a fine actor or not, but you MUST see Brokeback Mountain. It is amazing.